How about lobster with a little bit of Thai flavour? Strongy lassociated with Thai, British and Indian food, curry flavours have spread around the world. . But with Prince Edward Island lobster? Why not?
This recipe has the versatility to either be an appetizer in small portions, or as part of a main dish. The mango-green curry adds its own flavour but is mild enough to let the natural taste of the lobster come through, making a unique combination.
Yield: 2 servings
2 whole (1 ½ pound) cooked Lobsters, shucked & chopped
To Cook Lobsters:
- Bring a large pot of cold, salted water to a boil.
- Remove bands from lobsters and place into boiling water.
- Cook lobsters at a rolling boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove from cooking water and place into an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- When cool enough to handle, remove lobster meat from shells, discard shells and roughly chop lobster meat.
Mango-Green Curry Sauce
1 cup Coconut Milk
2/3 cup Frozen Mango, cubed
2 tsp Green Curry Paste
to taste Salt & Black Pepper
1 tbsp Canola Oil
½ cup Bell Peppers, chopped
to taste Cilantro, chopped (optional)
as desired Lime Wedges, quartered
- Combine coconut milk, frozen mango, green curry paste and salt & black pepper in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Heat a medium-sized pot over medium heat; add canola oil.
- Add red peppers and cook until softened, approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Add mango-green curry sauce to the pot; bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Fold in lobster meat and cook just until heated through.
- Remove from heat and divide between 2 serving dishes. Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedges.
- Serve with jasmine rice, naan bread or pappadums.
*Chef’s Tip: Try adding Sambal or chili peppers if you like a spicy curry.
There are many prepared versions of curry sauce available at the grocery store; use your favourite brand or try making it from scratch. This recipe is versatile and would complement many flavour variations.