Now this is an appetizer that will impress even the most ardent foodie. This is a twist on the crowd-pleasing baked brie that starts off so many dinner parties. Why not take it up a notch and incorporate lobster into the flavour mix.
This dish is best served as an appetizer to impress everyone at your next dinner party right from the first serving.
Yield: 4-6 servings
½-pound (227 g) Frozen Cooked Lobster Meat (Claws & Knuckles)
1 package (250g) Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 cup Mayonnaise
2 cloves Garlic, minced
½ Lemon, juiced
to taste Salt & Black Pepper
½ cup Fresh Spinach, stems removed & chopped
1 tbsp Fresh Basil*, chopped
as desired Brie Cheese, sliced
- Thaw lobster – place frozen package into a bowl and thaw in the refrigerator overnight or thaw under cold running water and use immediately.
- Preheat oven to 400o
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, and season with salt & black pepper; stir well to combine.
- Fold in lobster meat, spinach and basil.
- Place into a 1-quart baking dish; top with sliced brie cheese bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Remove from oven and serve with fresh bread or vegetables.
*Chef’s Tip: fresh basil can be substituted with fresh (or dry) dill or tarragon if desired. Fresh lobster can also be used if desired. For live lobster, cook in salted, boiling water for about 20 minutes (for a 1-lb lobster) then remove meat from shells and roughly chop.