AIR FRYER SPICY LOBSTER TAILS
- 2 Prince Edward Island lobster tails
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. Thaw out frozen PEI lobster tails (or use fresh if available).
2. Using kitchen shears, cut a strait line down the middle of the shell. Do not cut through the end of the tail.
3. Flip the tail over to the see-through side and crack the ribs using your thumbs down the center. This is to help open the shell.
4. If you see the vein, remove and discard.
5. Separate the meat from two sides of the shell.
6. Lift meat up and out from inside the shell.
7. Press the two sides of the shell together and place the meat over the seam where the two shells meet.
8. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
9. Add lemon zest, garlic, salt, pepper and Mexican chili powder.
10. Stir and cook for about a minute.
11. Transfer the mixture into a small bowl.
12. Brush mixture over lobster tails.
13. Place the tails in the air fryer basket and air fry at 380 F for 5 – 7 minutes.
14. At the 3-minute time point, you can brush more of the mixture onto the tails while in the air fryer.
15. Cook until lobster meat is white and no longer translucent in the middle.
16. Serve with parsley and lemon wedges.