Baked PEI Lobster & Brie Dip
- ½ pound (227 g) of Frozen Cooked Lobster Meat (Claws & Knuckles)
- 1 package (250g) of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup of Mayonnaise
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- ½ each Lemon, juiced
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup of Fresh Spinach, stems removed & chopped
- 1 tbsp of Fresh Basil*, chopped
- Brie Cheese, cubed, as desired
Thaw lobster – place package into a bowl and thaw in the refrigerator overnight or thaw under cold running water and use immediately.
Preheat oven to 400°F
Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, and season with salt & black pepper; stir well to combine.
Fold in lobster meat, spinach, basil, and brie cheese.
Place into a 1-quart baking dish; bake for 15-20 minutes or bubbly and heated through.
Remove from oven and serve with fresh bread or vegetables.
*Chef’s Tip: fresh basil can be substituted with fresh dill or tarragon if desired. Fresh lobster can also be used if desired, just cook in salted, boiling water for 10 minutes then remove meat from shells and roughly chop.