Hot Lobster and Corn Dip with White Cheddar
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayo
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- 1 cup PEI lobster, cooked, shelled, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup shallots, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- Pinch cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup white cheddar, grated
- Chives for garnish
- Baguette, sliced
- Olive oil
- Tortilla chips, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayo and lemon until smooth. Stir in lobster and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in an ovenproof pan (like a cast iron pan), saute shallots and red pepper in olive oil over medium heat until translucent.
4. Add corn, cayenne and salt and pepper. Cook until corn is slightly caramelized.
5. Stir cream cheese and lobster mixture into the pan and top with cheese.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving (it will be extremely hot).
While the dip is cooling, drizzle baguette with olive oil and bake until lightly toasted.
7. Serve dip with toasted baguette and tortilla chips.