Lobster Tacos with Avocado Lime Crema and Pico De Gallo
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno, half minced and half sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped, divided plus garnish
- Juice of 2 limes, divided plus garnish
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- 1 small package coleslaw mix, about 2 cups
- 2 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Juice of 2 limes, divided
- 1 tbsp honey
- 8 corn tortillas
- Olive oil
- 2 cups cooked lobster, shelled, chopped
- ½ cup feta
In a small bowl, prepare pico de gallo by combining tomato, onion, minced jalapeno, 2 tbsp cilantro, juice of 1 lime and ¼ tsp salt. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together coleslaw, 2 tbsp cilantro and green onions. Set aside.
In a blender or food processor, blend together avocado, sour cream, mayonnaise, chili powder, juice of 1 lime, honey and remaining salt until smooth. Add half of this mixture to the coleslaw and stir.
In a skillet over high heat, toast tortillas on each side in olive oil until blistered, then store on a plate under a wet paper towel to steam.
Assemble each taco by layering 1/8th of the lobster, coleslaw mix, pico de gallo, feta, cilantro and jalapeno and drizzle crema on top.