PEI Lobster & Mango Salad with Sesame-Ginger Dressing
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Ginger Root, peeled & minced
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 (1.25 lb) PEI Lobster, cooked & chopped*
- 1 cup Mango, chopped
- 1 each Avocado, chopped
- 2 tbsp Red Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Lettuce (spring greens, Boston bibb, etc.)
- Salt & Black Pepper- to taste
- Lime, zested
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped (optional)- to garnish
- Chili Flakes- to garnish
1. Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine. Set aside until ready to use. This dressing can be made a day or two ahead and refrigerated to allow the flavours to develop. Yields 1/4 cup.
2. In a large bowl, combine lobster, mango, avocado, red onion, and lettuce.
3. Season salad with salt & black pepper and lime zest.
4. Add dressing to the lobster mixture and stir well to combine.
5. Divide salad into four bowls and garnish salad with fresh cilantro and chili flakes. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
*One (1 ¼ lb.) lobster yields approximately 140 grams or 1 cup of cooked lobster meat.