PEI Lobster Ramen
- 2 pkgs (85g each) Instant Ramen Noodles
- 1 carton Ramen Broth or Vegetable Broth
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger Root, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 each Baby Bok Choy, ends removed
- 1 pkg Shitake or Enoki Mushrooms
- 2 (1.25 lb) PEI Lobsters, cooked & meat chopped*
- 2 each Eggs, soft-boiled**
- Green Onions, sliced- to garnish
- Sesame Seeds- to garnish
1. In a medium pot, bring ramen broth to a boil; add instant noodles and cook according to package directions.
2. Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat; add sesame oil.
3. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Add the carrots, baby bok choy & mushrooms, and cook for 2 minutes or until bok choy begins to wilt.
4. Add lobster meat to the pan and cook for 1 minute or just until heated through.
5. Divide noodles and broth between 4 bowls. Top with lobster, carrots, bok choy, and mushrooms.
6. Cut soft-boiled eggs in half lengthwise and add one-half to each bowl.
7. Garnish ramen with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with hot sauce and/or nori if desired.
*Two (1 ¼ lb.) lobsters yield approximately 280 grams or 2 cups of cooked lobster meat.
**For soft boiled eggs: bring a small pot of water to a boil. Carefully add cold eggs, using a spoon, ensuring not to drop them. Reduce heat to a slow boil and cook for 6 ½ minutes. Remove eggs from heat, transfer to a bowl of ice water, and let rest for 2 minutes prior to peeling. Remove eggshells and slice eggs in half lengthwise.