Stuffed PEI Lobster
- 1/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp White Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Celery, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Summer Savory
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- Salt- to taste
- 1 tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 (1.25 lb) PEI Lobsters, live
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a small bowl combine panko breadcrumbs, cheese, onions, celery, garlic, and dried herbs.
3. Season mixture with salt then stir in melted butter.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Remove bands from lobster claws.
5. Blanch lobsters in boiling water for 2 minutes; remove lobsters from water and place into an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
6. Once cooled enough to handle, place lobsters on their backs on a cutting board. Place a skewer vertically into the tail to prevent it from curling up during cooking.
7. Remove the swimmerets and then cut up the sides of the tail removing the ribbed portion of the shell so that that tail meat is exposed.
8. Cut up the center of the body and spread apart shell. Remove green tomalley if desired.
9. Divide the breadcrumb mixture between the two lobsters and spread evenly over tail and body. Place lobsters in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until lobster meat is cooked through.
10. Remove from oven and serve hot.