This recipe is simple yet sure to impress. Grilled PEI lobster tails will not only add a great taste to the evening when combined with garlic-lime butter, but also add a striking visual component to the dinner plate.
These PEI lobster tails on only take a few minutes to cook but will leave long-lasting memories for your guests.
Yield: 4 servings
4 each Raw PEI Lobster Tails*
½ cup Butter, softened
1 Roasted Jalapeno, seeded & chopped
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 tbsp Fresh Chives, chopped
1 Lime, zested (reserve lime juice)
1/8 tsp Paprika
to taste Black Pepper
- Combine all ingredients and mix well until combined.
Chef’s Tip: If preparing ahead – place flavoured butter onto a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a log. Chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut garlic-lime butter into thin rounds.
- Cut lobster tail from the top down, cutting ¾ of the way through (leaving the bottom intact). Devein lobster tails.. Place lobster tails on hot grill (open side up).
- Top lobster tails with butter slices; cook for 4-5 minutes or until lobster meat is cooked through.
- Squeeze reserved lime juice over lobster tails.
- Remove from grill and serve hot with your favourite salad, potato salad or grilled vegetables.
Chef’s Tip: If using frozen, raw lobster tails, place package into a bowl and thaw in the refrigerator overnight or thaw under cold running water and use immediately. To devein a lobster tail, after cutting along the back, look for the thin tube that runs down the midline just below the surface of the meat. Remove this tube.
For a spicier lobster tail, try chili peppers or add cayenne pepper to the butter mixture