Garlic Lobster Pasta
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs coarse, see note
- 2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 1 head garlic sliced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1.5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Prince Edward Island lobster cooked, shelled and roughly chopped, about 1-1.5lbs
1. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a pan and toast the breadcrumbs until golden and crunchy. Remove from the heat and stir in a pinch of parsley. Set aside.
2. In a pot of salted water, cook the spaghetti one minute shy of al dente.
3. While the pasta is cooking, heat up the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant and slightly soft, but not brown, 20 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in the red pepper flakes, flat leaf parsley, and oyster sauce. Add 1/3 cup pasta water to the pan and bring to a simmer to emulsify into a sauce, stirring occasionally.
4. When the pasta is ready, use a pair of tongs to move the cooked pasta over to the pan with the sauce. Leave the heat on medium, add the lobster and toss to combine, until the sauce is glossy and clings to the noodles. Add extra pasta water if the pasta gets too dry.
5. Finish with toasted bread crumbs and enjoy!
Note: Blitz up old sourdough bread in the food processor for fresh, coarse crumbs.