Lobster & Corn Pizza with Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 1 lobster, shelled, chopped
- 1 pizza dough
- 2 tbsp + 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, whole, divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
1. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and 1 clove garlic and cook until translucent. Add cherry tomatoes and turn to low heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes, adding salt to help break down tomatoes.
2. Meanwhile, make basil vinaigrette by blending shallot, basil, olive oil, vinegar and parmesan until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
3. When tomatoes have broken down, blend until smooth and add cream. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 500°F and add a pizza stone on bottom rack while preheating.
5. Melt butter, add remaining garlic clove and corn and cook until corn is bright yellow. Remove and add lobster. Toss and remove from heat.
6. Stretch out pizza dough on pizza stone, spread most of the tomato cream sauce, cheese and corn.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
8. Top with lobster, drizzle with basil vinaigrette and the remaining tomato cream sauce. Slice and enjoy immediately.