PEI Lobster & Potato Hash
- 1 (1.25lb) PEI Lobster, cooked & meat chopped
- 2 medium Russet Potatoes, cubed
- 2 Eggs, sunny side up or poached
- 3/4 cup Bacon
- 1/2 cup Onions, chopped
- 1 cup Button Mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1-2 tsp Garlic, minced
- Salt & Black Pepper- to taste
1. Place potatoes into a pot of cold, salted water; bring to a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
2. Remove potatoes from heat and drain; set aside.
3. Place bacon in a sauté pan and cook until crispy or to desired doneness. Remove from heat and remove bacon. Set bacon aside.
4. With the bacon fat still in the pan, heat pan over medium-high heat; add onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
5. Add potatoes to the pan and cook without stirring for 2-3 minutes or until potatoes start to brown. Stir in garlic and season with salt & black pepper and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
6. Fold in cooked lobster meat and bacon and cook for 2 minutes or until lobster is heated through.
7. Remove lobster hash from heat and divide between two plates; top each plate with a sunny side or poached egg and serve hot.