PEI Lobster Quesadillas
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 each Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 (1.25lb) PEI Lobster, meat cooked & chopped*
- 1 each Green Onion, chopped
- 2 large Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 cup Swiss or Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Salsa, Sour Cream, Guacamole- optional
1. Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat; add oil.
2. Add bell peppers and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened & lightly browned.
3. Fold in lobster meat and green onions and cook for 1 minute or until lobster is heated through. Remove pan from heat.
4. Top each flour tortilla with half of the lobster mixture and Swiss cheese; fold each tortilla in half.
5. Heat a second sauté pan over medium-low heat; place the quesadilla into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, slightly crispy, and the filling is hot.
6. Remove from heat and repeat this process for the second quesadilla. Cut quesadillas into thirds and serve with salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole.
*One (1 ¼ lb.) lobster yields approximately 140 grams or 1 cup of cooked lobster meat.