PEI-style Lobster Korma
- 1 pkg (313g) Patak’s Korma 3-Step Sauce Kit
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 (1.25 lb) PEI Lobsters, cooked*
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped – optional
- Grilled Naan Bread and/or Cooked Basmati Rice- as needed
1. Place cooked lobsters onto a cutting board, remove tails and cut in half lengthwise. Set aside.
2. Remove claw and knuckle meat from each lobster and roughly chop.
3. Heat a medium pot over medium heat; add oil.
4. Add spice packet and cook, stirring often, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
5. Add red onions and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
6. Stir in spice paste, water, and lobster claw & knuckle meat; cook just until water has evaporated.
7. Add sauce packet and coconut milk; bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes or just until lobster meat and sauce is heated through.
8. Remove the pot from the heat and remove the cinnamon stick & star anise.
9. Portion the lobster korma into bowls and garnish with lobster tails & fresh cilantro.
10. Serve with naan bread and or basmati rice and naan bread.
*Two (1 ¼ lb.) lobsters yield approximately 280 grams or 2 cups of cooked lobster meat.
– The Patak’s 3-step sauce kit can be substituted for your favourite korma or curry sauce.